Senior Policy Advisor
Shelby Hagenauer, Senior Policy Advisor, is a member of the Public Policy Practice Group at Nossaman LLP with over 18 years of experience working in and with the federal government. Ms. Hagenauer assists clients with a broad range of issues including natural resources, financial services, and healthcare. Prior to joining Nossaman, Ms. Hagenauer spent 11 years serving on the staffs of current House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA-23) and former House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas.
Ms. Hagenauer’s role as Legislative Director for Congressman McCarthy included supporting his committee assignment to the House Financial Services Committee during consideration of the Dodd-Frank Act, as well as other issues including natural resources, California water policy, defense, space, science and technology, labor, and trade. She was the Congressman’s primary legislative and political advisor for all 2007 Farm Bill Reauthorization activities in Washington, D.C. and California.
- Advises national natural resources association on engaging Congress and federal agencies about a variety of issues, including the Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and other permitting-related laws.
- Advises association on amendments to infrastructure legislation.
- Represents local governments before Congress and the Administration on a variety of land use issues.
- Counsels global offshore survey and geotechnical company on federal policies related to hydrographic data.
- Advises financial services companies on Dodd-Frank Act implementation and other issues.
- Represents pharmaceutical manufacturer and distribution clients on an array of Medicare reimbursement issues.