Call for Participation
Participate in the 2019 National Mitigation & Ecosystem Banking Conference in Minneapolis, MN!
Submissions due October 1, 2018
The Conference seeks panels, presentations, workshop/instructionals/demos, and posters on topics of policy, practice, trends, emerging markets, science related in streams, species & wetland mitigation banking, compensatory banking, and other approaches to managing impacts such as advanced mitigation and outcome based performance.
Choose from different styles or suggest your own —
- Panels – fully developed idea for a panel of experts on the subject matter.
- Traditional Presentations – single presentation given by one or two presenters in a session of two or more presentations.
- Workshop/Instructional/Demo Style – great opportunity for technical and how-to sessions from one or more facilitators (may require sponsorship)
- Alternative Style (group discussion, roundtables, speed style ask the experts or suggest another). Propose a fully developed alternative format or suggest a hot topic.
- Poster Presentations – (Virtual only or both display and virtual.) Poster presentations are educational, informative and non-commercial by design. Onsite posters will be provided a time for presenting their poster and will gain additional exposure on the mobile APP and online, during and after the event.
Submissions should come from experienced regulators, providers and users of mitigation and those supporting the industry.
• Speaker(s) should have direct experience in the subject matter
• Direct relevance to the mitigation, conservation banking and related environmental industry and markets.
• Project/Bank should be established and in progress
What information do you need to complete the submission?
• Preferred Style (from above)
• Speaker(s) and/or Moderator/Facilitator(s) name, title, contact information and brief bio.
• Description of what you are proposing and its relevance to this industry
Complete submissions help reviewers make better decisions!
TOPICS to consider (you are welcome to suggest your own):
- Conservation, Wildlife & Habitat/Species Banking – Mitigation for species at risk of ESA listing or a candidate for ESA listing; Fresh Water Mussels, Bats, Darters, other species; Habitat Exchanges, HCPs; other
- Stream, Wetland & Conservation Banking – Challenges to Joint 404/Conservation Banking/Stream Banking; Mitigation Banking and HCPs; other
- International Programs, Markets & Opportunities
- Ecosystem Services
- Policy, Legislative & Legal Issues and Developments
- Status and Trends
- Streamline the Permitting Process
- Compliance Tracking & Performance Standards – for Banks, ILF, others; Ecological effectiveness of mitigation banks and ILFs
- Comparison of Different Approaches to Offsets – Water Quality Trading, Greenhouse Gas Emission Market, Stacking of Credits (multiple, bundling & multi-purpose), coordinating compensation
- Mixed-Use Banks – How crediting and entitlement works for mixed-use banks (wetland/NRD)
- Lessons & Successes: Case Studies –
- Failed Banks – Lessons Learned (technical & other aspects of why)
- Successful Banks – Examples of Successful Banks & Why
- Buyer/User Examples – walk through criteria & approaches to buying
- In Lieu Fee, Mitigation Options
- Emerging Markets (NRDA, carbon, nutrient, water quality, stormwater & related markets, other)
- Alternatives to Banking, ILFs, Advanced, PRM, Outcome-Based, and More
- Science, Research, Technology & Tools – Wetland Functional Assessment for credit determination, remote data sensing, monitoring and compliance, studies demonstrating ecological peformance, and more
- Finance Investing (mergers, acquisitions, finance; joint ventures, conservation finance; for landowners, investors, bankers, appraisers)
- Agriculture & Banking, Tools for Land Management
- Banking on Public and Trust Lands
- Urban Mitigation Banking
- Long-Term Stewardship & Financial Assurances
- Business of Banking (Advanced or Beginner – and for the Banker, Regulator and/or User). (Beyond the 101 Basic of Banking Workshop offered on Tuesday) How-to’s on Tax Treatment of Credits, Partnership Structures, Establishing Endowments; Sales, Marketing & Credit Strategies; Site Selection Adaptive Management Techniques; Financial assurances; Site Protection Instruments, Human Resources, Reserve Credits/Accounts, Ledger Auditing, other suggestions
What’s involved in being part of the Program? Click here for more info on presenting
When Will I Be Notified of Acceptance? Submitters will be notified by November 30, 2018.
Please consider supporting NMEBC by becoming a Title Supporter, Program or Activity Supporter, Exhibiting or Advertising. Click here for support opportunities